Friday, March 6, 2009

The cereal box

I fixed the kids their usual for breakfast this morning. Aidan had "Dad's favorite cereal" without milk (sometimes it's with milk - tricky, keeps me on my toes). Ella had mini pancakes.

I was making coffee and Aidan asks, "Hey, mom, let me see the back of that cereal box." So I hand him the box. Then Ella points to her mini pancake box and says "back of box, pweeze!" So, I hand her the box.

I cracked up because both of my preschoolers are examining the boxes like they can read or something. I asked Aidan what he learned from the cereal box. He said it told him how they make the cereal...and proceeded to tell me. I guess you don't have to know how to read to get shammed into believing that they actually made a cereal so full of cinnamon and sugar the slightest bit nutritious.

About that time, Ella held up her box and said, "more cancakes pweese!"

Have a great day!

No comments: