Monday, August 25, 2008

I'm disturbed




Have you seen these? Heard about them? Well, I picked up both copies today and am a bit disturbed. I found out that the Honey Chipolte Crispers Matt ate at Chili's last week packed a whopping 99 grams of fat and 2,040 calories! I've never been a calorie counter and I totally avoid the scales, but I do try to watch what I eat. I know that chicken crispers aren't the best choice on the menu, but I'd never guess that it would be 99 grams of fat. Would you? I'm just glad Matt ordered them and not me. I wonder how the chicken enchilada soup and turkey sandwich (and fries w/ ranch) stacks up - I'm sure not good. After reading this little book full of shocking information, I'll hold the mayo and stick with ketchup for the fries...or maybe go for a side salad. YIKES!!

Seriously, the books seem to be packed full of information. It starts by suggesting that you "eat this" and "not that" from various chain restaurants (most of which we don't have here in town). Then it hits the movies, ballpark, holidays and the grocery store. The kids version focuses on kid fare - of course. It seems like some of the information from the first book is duplicated, but all good, yet shocking (to me anyway) info.

Once I recover from my shock and then go out to Dairy Queen for a sundae (apparently a better choice than my favorite dipped cone), I think I'll glean some good information that will benefit my family.

Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Denise has this (or checked it out or something)and I read it long enough to know there isn't ONE thing on the Macaroni Grill menu a healthy person should eat. It made me sad. Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power, and all of those other platitudes.

Anonymous said...

I have heard bad things about a lot of food at these places, but 99grams of fat? How is that even possible? I guess I shouldn't go for chicken fingers of any sort. Gosh, even salads at this point may be scary, depending on the dressing we choose! Happy Eating!