- I actually started a list for my 8 random things the day Chelsea tagged me. Of course, I've lost it and really have no memory of what I wrote down. I do that a lot -start a list and then forget to do anything on it.
- I am a certified SCUBA diver, but I've never been diving in the ocean. In fact, the last time I went SCUBA diving was when I was certified 12 years ago. It was in a random spring in far West Texas - like almost to El Paso. The only thing to look at underwater was a ledge with scary huge catfish peaking out.
- I cannot go to sleep without washing my face and brushing my teeth. If I fall asleep watching tv or reading a book before my nightly ritual, I will get up and go through it no matter what time it is.
- I've climbed the Mayan ruins in Tikal, Guatemala. My favorite memory from the experience is climbing up, up, up and finally breaking through the canopy of the rain forest. There, only the big blue sky surrounded me and I was able to look down on the tops of the trees. It was like I could see forever. Amazing.
- I was a biology/pre-med major in college and graduated at the top of my class, but decided not to pursue medical school. I sometimes wonder "what-if" and then look around at my kids and my life and smile.
- I really enjoy designing cards and invitations. It's fun for me to start with a blank page and see what happens. Plus, when it's finished, it's finished. Print, mail, done!
- I have a terrible case of cognitive dissonance. It drives Matt crazy and he loves to talk about me in his marketing classes because of it.
- I really don't like to do projects (writing, cleaning, sewing, crafts) by myself. I like to have a buddy. It's much more fun. Plus, I need someone to bounce ideas off of - reassure me, laugh with me, and of course work with me.
Friday, October 12, 2007
The Randomness of Me
I know you've been waiting in suspense for my list of 8 random things about me, so here it goes:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
So I'll be honest, I had to look up cognitive dissonance...and I totally understand! I also understand the project thing, and don't worry, we'll finish those curtains sometime!
I bet it was Balmorhea Texas. It has a natural spring as the swimming pool which is 25 feet deep. Fish are all around you while you swim there. We used to have our family reunions there and I really miss that place. Very cool that you are certified in Scuba!!
This is sad, but I had to look up cognitive dissonance. How funny!
I too am unable to go to bed without going through the "ritual" no matter how much it drives Matt nuts. I love making cards too. I bet yours are better! Love your list, chickie! xoxo
I love your list of randoms...and I actually learned ALOT about you! :)
I'm waiting for homecoming pictures too. We were so sad to not get to catch up with y'all and others for the weekend. :( I hope it was a blast!
We're coming your way the week of Thanksgiving. Will you be around? If not, Mark and I think we should meet y'all in Thurber for pie some random night. What do you think??
I love your list! I have actually been to those ruins in Tikal... and was able to climb as well. It truly is amazing! It was great to see you this weekend!
Post a Comment