Monday, October 8, 2007

Bye, Bye Baby Highchair...


...hello sitting at the table like a big girl! Please do not judge me by what she's eating, but be happy that she is eating (and not screaming), with a fork no less. So, here's the story:

Chelsea "tagged" me to write a blog post listing 8 random things about me. Since that's very vague, I did a little research. I read her post, and Alyssa's. Well, Alyssa wrote her 8 random things a while ago, so I had to scroll down. On the way, I read through her blog and caught up with her sweet family. She has two little girls, just about the same ages as Aidan and Ella. Anyway, there's a post about "what battles to fight." She went on to describe how her youngest, Camryn kept climbing out of her highchair, standing up, etc. So, she moved her to a booster where she's happy, and "stays better, eats better."

Well, I need some of that at my house. Ella is constantly standing up in her highchair, always screaming. We went round and round the other day. She would stand up, I would take off her tray and tell her to sit down. She would scream, wanting her food. I would say "sit down". She kicked the tray and bent back my fingernail. Ouch! Needless to say, her breakfast was over that morning. Then, a few days later when she was sitting backwards on her highchair tray, about to topple over, I knew what to do. I didn't fight the battle. I just picked her up and put her down to run and play.

That afternoon at snacktime, I had the booster ready. She was so excited and happy about eating her snack with Macy and Aidan at the big table. She stayed in her seat FOREVER!! It was so nice. This picture was taken at dinner. I'm telling you, it was the nicest dinnertime we've had in a long, long time. We all sat at the table and actually talked about our day. No screaming, no arguing, just eating, well, and taking a couple of pictures for all the blogworld to see.

Thanks Alyssa!!

Coming soon: 8 random things about me

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Melissa! I am so glad to find your blog... and I am so glad that we can share motherhood woes!! :) Yea for Booster Chairs :)

I hope to see you next weekend at Homecoming... it's really not our 10 year, right?

Take care!

Nicole said...

I say whatever works for you, GO FOR IT!! Who is anyone to judge, right?? She looks so big eating with that fork. So cute!

Whitney said...

Congratulations to Ella on her big step up. Reading your post cracked me up b/c I've had soooo many of those strong willed moments!