Monday, November 30, 2009

Let there be PIE!

My brother, Chris is a really good cook - and baker. He agreed to help me make pies to bring to Matt's side of the family Thanksgiving. Lucky for those family members, because they got chocolate pecan, buttermilk and coconut cream pies - all with homemade crust. We used our Aunt Kathy's famously delish pie crust. Let me tell you how serious Chris is at baking - he brought a scale to weigh the ingredients! What? I'm lucky if I remember to level off the measuring cups. Here's Chris with our first pie crust:
And the finished pies...look at that merengue on the coconut cream...a first for both of us!
And don't think that Matt got off easy - he had to keep all 5 kids busy. Thankfully the Wii kept them all pretty happy.

The best part? The pies were yummy! AND I got to spend time with my little brother!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Your brother looks a lot like Matt to me! The pies look delish!