Friday, May 15, 2009

Zoo Day

Wednesday was Zoo Day for Abilene Christian Schools. The fifth graders researched the animals and put together a presentation for the pre-K and Kindergartners. Above is the lion exibit. This fifth grader did a great job of having a place for the kids to sit. Other students had sound effects for the kids to mimic or fantastic facts. Some of them even had cans or weights to show how much the animal weighs. I must say they were impressive. I really like how ACS uses the older kids to teach or help out with the younger ones. A big plus of a small private school.

Here's our group (minus one that kept straying away) taking a break in the Creepy Crawly exhibit:

I didn't take too many pictures because it was so windy. Crazy, beat you to death, blow your lunch away windy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: