Thursday, March 27, 2008

Cowboy Round Up


Today was the Cowboy Round Up at Young Children's World. Some of my mom friends and I signed up to help. It was actually a lot of fun. Julie and I were in charge of branding. They had set up some cows using paint easels and we helped the kids with their branding irons and paint. Since Julie and her husband actually own cows, her kids had the best form. It was cute.

I was worried about being there when Ella's class went through, but she did great! She didn't cry or cling to me. And, yes I put a bow on her hat. Of course, Aidan loved the fact that I was there.

After we finished with the Round Up, the moms and I went out to eat at a nice restaurant. It was a fun day - enjoy the pictures!

Aidan's memory verse today (that he proudly recited during bath time tonight):
"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. PRAISE THE LORD!" Psalm 150:6

Then, he recited the fruits of the Spirit - "Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control" Galatians 5:22, 23.

The CAPS above are where he holds his hands in the air and shouts. He even knew the chapters and verses - way to go Ms. Nicole and Ms. Cindy! Usually all I get out of Aidan regarding his day at school is how many times they went outside or to the gym and if they had nap time.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

How fun! The kids all look so cute in their cowboy/cowgirl attire. I wish I would have gotten to go eat with ya'll.