Saturday, February 9, 2008

Diaper Changing 101

Last night "free" babysitting was offered at church. It wasn't really free. A group of college students was raising funds for their Spring Break Campaign, so they expected donations. Matt and I were excited to drop off the kids and go out to dinner alone. The kids were excited, too. What's not to be excited about - Happy Meals, friends and undivided attention from college kids?

We had a nice dinner and were able to catch up on everything - Matt's work, my potential work and the launch of Honeybee Ink Designs.

We didn't stay out long and picked the kids up at 8:30. The report was that they both did great - ate their dinner, played and a diaper change for Ella. We loaded them up and they crashed on the way home.

Matt got Aidan ready for bed and I took Ella to her room. I thought about just laying her in her bed, but then decided that she would sleep better in comfortable pajamas. I'm so glad I did - her diaper was on backwards! Why anyone would think that you put the tabs in the back is beyond me.

Believe it or not, this happened when Aidan was a baby, too. I asked a freshman from my home church to babysit. I was looking forward to getting a new babysitter that I could use for the next 4 years. She was cute and sweet and seemed to be great with babies. The morning after she sat for us, Aidan's bed was soaked and for good reason - his diaper was on backwards! She never babysat again.

I guess next time there is "free" babysitting I'll include diaper changing instructions or at least a note: "This side up."

No comments: