Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy Birthday to Us!

Saturday was our birthday - I say "our" because Matt and I share the same birthday. Cool, right? Um, not so much. First, it's right after Christmas and New Year's. Friends and family are just plain partied out. Plus, everyone must be traveling, because I had zero luck finding a sitter. Then, it's no fun to plan your own party, make/buy your own cake....

We ended up having a great day. We started with massages. For Christmas my friend gave me the name of her therapist. She was AWESOME! While I was getting my massage, Matt took the kids to McKay's bakery to pick out a cake. It was supposed to be a secret, but as soon as I walked in the door, Aidan spilled the beans. I didn't get to look at the cake until it was time to cut it.

That afternoon we went to Szechuan Chinese Restaurant. It just reopened at their new location and it was great. We went at 1:30 and still had to wait 30 minutes for a table. The kids were perfect (at least close enough) and actually liked their food. Ella couldn't get enough of the Wonton Soup and we had to order another bowl of Egg Drop Soup for Aidan.

After naps (and football for Matt), we fed the kids dinner and then I got to open my cake:
See my pretty flowers from Brenna? Notice, the cake - chocolate decadence by the way - only has my name on it? That's because Matt picked out his own coconut cream pie:
Happy 33 to us!

5 comments:

Lindi said...

Happy Birthday, again. I think it's sweet you both got your own b-day treats and you did get some beautiful flowers. And I'm so ready for some good Szechaun! Byron always waves to the kids and they love the food too. HAPPY HAPPY to both of you.

Tammy M. said...

Happy Birthday to you both!
What a perfect day.

Erica said...

Happy Birthday to both of you!! Glad to see that you had a wonderful day with your family to celebrate. May you have a wonderful year ahead:)

Whitney said...

Happy 33rd! Keep us updated on the photo contest!

Joanna said...

Sounds like your birthday was a good one! Matt's bday is the 28th of December, so I know the stress of having one so close to Christmas! Ugh! Loved all the Christmas photos! Great job with the blog!
xo Jo