Sorry I haven't posted lately, we've been in "maintain" mode - meaning we haven't been up to anything worth talking about.
Today Aidan and I had a little date. Joe Scruggs was in town. Basically, a kid's concert with puppets and silly songs. It was cute, but the show wasn't over 1 millisecond when Aidan turned to me with an excited look and asked "can we go see the railways, the coal hopper and the points?" He said it so fast and with so much enthusiasm. All I could say was "okay...can you tell me how to get there?" And he did.
Apparently, he and Matt scoped out these old, abandoned railways on a rarely used road in downtown Abilene. Aidan told me exactly how to get there. He was so excited to show them to me - he's enthralled with all things railroad and these old tracks just blew him away. He was even more excited when I let him get out and go exploring. Then, he was excited about having his picture made on the tracks - under the "coal hopper" (I think it's an old grain something or other) - on the points. He wanted to take a picture at the crossing, but that was in the middle of a street that cars actually go down.
Enjoy the pictures and the wonder and excitement of a four year old:
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I think I've already looked at these pictures about 30 times with Aidan last night, but I couldn't help but watch the slideshow again. I'm pretty sure that he had an absolute blast!
Oh, I would love to take Evan to these tracks. When you're ready to go again, take us with you. Great pictures!
I think that is the sweetest thing ever! I love little boys!
Post a Comment