Sunday, November 18, 2007

So sick of being sick

Rashes, sneezes, coughs, wheezing, throw ups, the big D - you name it, we've had it. I've never been this sick - ever! I've cleaned, bleached, sanitized, re-cleaned, thrown away (pj's, sheets - hint, hint for Christmas), and sprayed Lysol over every square inch of this house - and we're still feeling crummy. I know it's going around town - and everyone else's town - but I still feel like I'm doing something wrong.

PLUS - I hosted a baby shower today. YES at my house. CRAZY, I know. But, two months ago when we planned the shower, it sounded like a good idea. I like having parties. I like having my whole house clean at the same time. I like the deadline to get some projects and organizing done around here. I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to get ready for the holidays. I was WRONG.

I barely got it together, but the house looked great. I was tired, but the baby shower was lovely. Thanks to good friends that pitched in to decorate and do some final cleaning. Thankfully I didn't have to prepare any food or drink - just provide the location. I was a total zombie, but I think everyone had a good time. I'm just glad they didn't open any closet doors.

Now, I'm hoping that the doctor will call me tomorrow with an actual diagnosis of this crazy bug we all have had and poor Ella just can't shake (it's been a week and a half). Oh, did I tell you that I took a nasty, nasty diaper to the emergency room this morning to have it analyzed? Well, I did. At 9:00 am. Today.

Oh, and did I tell you that I painted my dining room? Well, I did (with my friend Allison's help). It was totally necessary because I had slashes of paint randomly on every wall trying to pick just the right color. That was Tuesday. Tuesday night Aidan threw up. Wednesday, I was sick. Thursday, I laid on the couch with the kids. Friday, same. Saturday - worked like crazy to clean and get ready for today. Saturday night, Matt got sick. Sunday morning, Ella sick - AGAIN. I'm whining, I know.

Here it is:
It looks plain now, but the girls really had it fixed up cute for the shower. Someday - maybe by Christmas I'll have something on the walls.

Now - I have to sleep.

2 comments:

Proud Parents said...

You're house looked beautiful! You had many admiring eyes soaking in your dining room. It's exhausting getting your house ready when you are healthy! I am so sorry this sickness will not leave you alone. Has the diaper analysis come back?

Whitney said...

Your dining room looks great! I especially love the curtains! The fabric is rich and perfect. I hope your family gets to feeling better soon. In the meantime, get some rest? Is that possible with two kids?