
Last night as we were picking up Aidan's room, he stopped and asked, "do you want to hear the new prayer I'm learning?" Well, I couldn't say no to that, so I put up the last railway piece, bowed my head, and expected to hear "Our Father..." or "Dear God..."
He stood up, placed his hand on his heart and recited:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which we stand
One Nation, Under God
with Liberty and Justice for all."
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which we stand
One Nation, Under God
with Liberty and Justice for all."
I was stunned. I said, "WOW! You just said the Pledge of Allegiance!". He said, "yes, the pledge." He said it perfectly! Who cares if he said prayer instead of pledge. I don't know how long his class has been learning the pledge, but I'm impressed.
You might care that he has smiley faces stamped on his elbows, though. That cracked me up at story time at the Library. When it's time to go, they give out stamps. All the kids held up their hand for a stamp. Aidan held out both of his elbows.


2 comments:
We have been saying the pledge since the first day of school. The kids have really learned it quickly, even though we might need to go over that it really isn't a prayer. ha. This isn't the only story that I have heard about someone from our class saying it at home. I am VERY pleased that they are remembering at school AND at home too! :)
I love Aidan's "prayer." When are ya'll going to the library? We haven't been in so long.
Post a Comment