Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ella Paige


Here's Ella hard at work on her computer. I love how she has one hand on the keyboard and the other on the mouse. Just like her mommy. Seriously, I just looked down and that's exactly what my hands were doing.

Our sweet, sometimes sassy Ella Paige. She's just plain adorable. It's hard for me to believe that this time last year she was just a tiny baby. Now she's full of adventure - and did I mention sass? I think I'll be paid back fully for all the trouble I gave my mom. I don't even want to imagine the tween years - yikes!!

Here are a few things she's up to:

  • Reading - She loves books and when she finds one she wants to "read," she'll climb right into my lap. I love how when I'm on the floor, she turns around and backs up to sit down in my lap with her book.
  • Booming - this is Aidan's least favorite, but kinda cracks me up. Anytime Aidan has built something - a megablock house, train track, etc - Ella goes right up and destroys the whole thing. She's so fast!
  • Talking - she's getting good. She can say milk, more, mama, uh oh, eat, that, night-night, what's that, right there. Of course, it's not perfectly clear, but with these words plus lots of pointing she gets what she wants.
  • Changing Shoes - I think she's worn three different pairs today. Some were too small and she was so upset. We had to put the really little ones on her dolls and bears, she loved it!
Your turn: Based on this picture, what do you think her future holds?

7 comments:

Anne said...

So adorable! Maybe she will grow up to be a lawyer, or maybe she'll be a SAHM who loves blogging, or whatever the 'thing' is when she is 30!

Whitney said...

She looks sooooo big in that picture. Uh oh- changing shoes? She'll be in your closet next! That's what Morgan does in mine. My shoes are all organized and then she gets about 10 pair out and the rest is history. Morgan went through a changing clothes (several times a day) stage too, so maybe that's next for Ella! Looks like she's been watching you a little too much! She's precious!I'm not sure what her future holds, but looks like she may be starting her own blog soon!

The MOM said...

Dear Perfect Child...she will grow up and remain the Perfect Grandchild. She will be a woman who knows what she wants and knows how to get it...you're right to be worried.
Love you ALL, MOM

Nicole said...

OK. Number one. She is SO big. She looks like a big girl in that picture. SO cute. Number two. I think it is hysterical that you have a name for her knocking Aidan's creations. Booming!! That is so adorable. I am going to start using that in my class. :) And three. Girls and shoes go together mom!! It is just a given!! :)

Unknown said...

She looks so big in this picture!! I see marketing in her future for sure! Gotta love our girly girls!

mcjacobsjournal said...

She's SOOOOO precious! It's hard for me to believe she is this old! I love hearing about her personality---it sounds like she's a little like Carlie too. :) I'm with you on the "dreading the teen years" thing. We have our work cut out for us!!

Ryan said...

I love Ella Paige as a name for our about-to-be born daughter. Did this search and found your blog. Adorable!