Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Balloons for Chase



Last week was a sad week for our friends, the Jacobs family. They lost their baby, Chase Allen at 34 weeks due to a blood clot in the umbilical cord. They asked that friends release balloons on Saturday to remember baby Chase.

Here in Abilene, we have the perfect location - Jacob's Dream at ACU. So, thanks to facebook, we were able to assemble quite a crowd of friends and family...and Siggies! Chelsea was Siggie president, her sisters were Siggies and her baby sister is pledging this semester. So it was fitting that the Siggie social club came wearing their jerseys.

I'll let the pictures guide you through the evening:

Airing up the balloons...

beautiful setting...
Ella and Campbell waiting...


Mark Perkins leading the songs...

Dava Lynn Sullivan reading scripture...
Matt leading a prayer...



Jacobs family: we LOVE you!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

What a sweet friend you are to organize this special memorial for them! I will continue to pray for healing for the Jacobs family.

You're going to have to keep me updated on your blog, I'm not checking FB anymore! I'm on a FB break!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Melissa, as I said on Erica's blog, Mark and I just cried and cried when we first saw these pictures. We are completely amazed at the number of people who have celebrated alongside us from Abilene! And, to see some of our very favorite families together on our behalf...we are just so thankful. I told Mark tonight I wish I could have been there!! Thank you for honoring us and our sweet baby boy in this way. We miss y'all and love you so much. We will treasure these pictures always. :)