Thursday, December 13, 2007

Good Morning and the Christmas Tree

Good morning! I'm sitting here at 7:42 AM listening to beautiful Christmas music, sipping on coffee complete with peppermint mocha creamer AND whipped cream. The house is quiet - the kids and even the dog are still sleeping! Even better, I was able to shower and dress without interruption. What a gift! The little things that make moms happy...

My Christmas Tree also makes me happy. It's extra large - and I mean big. In the great warehouse named Sam's, it just didn't seem this big. I wanted a tall, pre-lit tree. What I wasn't looking out for was the girth of the tree. This sucker would swallow our entire family!

Anyway, the dining room, which became the office that I recently painted blue and turned back to a dining room is now the Tree Room. We - uh Matt - tacked up the chandelier and moved the furniture to the sides of the room to fit in the Christmas Tree.

Thanks to Matt and my brother Doug it is together and decorated. I probably could use some more trimmings, but I'd rather buy creamer and whipped cream for my coffee.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Wow! Now, that is a good morning! I bet 4 years ago, you would have never thought what a gift a quiet house and getting ready by yourself would be. Oh' how life changes!

Your tree looks beautiful!

Lindi said...

That tree is enormous! Love it, it's going to look great with all those presents under it. My tree is so small the presents wrap all the way around it, out all sides and into the room. Maybe I need a bigger tree. Remember when you borrowed my little tree? Boy how things change. I love my coffee in the morning. Ever since we put up our tree I plug in the lights first thing in the morning and they stay on all day until we go to bed. Having a tree just makes it feel like Christmas. I don't know what's prettier the room or the tree?